Sunday, February 6, 2011

Photo Challenge: Day 2


"A picture of you and the person you have been close with for the longest."

This is my baby sister. She just turned 21 this past week, and I got to buy her first legal drink. There's no prouder moment in a big sister's life, I swear. This kid has been everywhere with me. Together we've snorkeled in the Bahamas, shopped in a Mexican market, gotten lost in Venice, sipped orange Fanta in Bosnia, relaxed on a boat in Croatia, seen every ruin in Greece, and gone on a wild hunt for the best gelateria in Rome. She was the first to know when I was pregnant with Winston (and the first to induce morning sickness by ordering pizza). She's my polar opposite. She's bright and happy and fun and social. We're close even though we live 1000 miles apart. My son adores her when she comes to visit. She's here right now, chilling out with him in the living room while I get ready to go down for an afternoon nap. She's a good kid.

No comments: