Thursday, June 12, 2008

A delight for Freud

I'm just going to say, first off, that I will never get back the hours upon hours Windows Vista has taken from me. And that includes blogs I have spent time on and finished, only to have Vista shut down Explorer when I go to submit. I am now determined to write them in Word. Hey, at least I'll get spellchecked.

I haven't been sleeping particularly well lately. First it was a screwed up schedule, then it was strange dreams, and now it's nightmares. Not the really terrible ones that wake me up in a cold sweat. More uncomfortable nightmares, with people and places in them that I really don't want to see or think about. I think I need to lay off the caffeine.

Another scary development is this talking to myself thing that I only noticed yesterday. I'm not sure if I'm talking to myself, the computer, the television, or what. But part of me apparently needs to kill the quiet in here, so I'm yammering away at inanimate objects. Plus I'm having complete conversations with my cat. Yesterday we talked about which clothes I should hang and which I should fold and put in the dresser. She's not much for hanging my polo shirts. And she helped with the laundry, too!


There were so many things I meant to get done yesterday, but never got to. I did make it to the grocery store, which was probably why I didn't come home and accomplish what I'd planned. Spend two hours in the grocery store, and that can happen. But I walked out with so many wonderful things!

When I opened the door to leave, the air was so thick I could almost chew on it. I know I've used that phrase to describe Michigan humidity, but I was so wrong. This must be some kind of Valley phenomenon, like all the moisture coming down between the mountains just sits there, this sweet, hot wet that you can't brush away. I could actually feel the weight of it pressing on me.

Being a winter loving girl, I sometimes forget there are things about summer that I just adore. Sure, my electric bill is sky high and I'm paying a fortune for a gallon of gas, but this spectacular season brings the most delicious produce. Last night, I put together a bowl of sweet strawberries, raspberries, and grapes, sliced some thin cuts of gourmet swiss, grabbed some almonds, and went to bed with it. *grin*

It amazes me how fast my week has filled up. Party, hiking, theatre, I have a lot planned over the next few days. Which is nice, because I was staring at a completely blank calendar, a depressing sight.

And once the dishwasher finishes with my coffee mug, I'll be ready to really start my day.

Today's lesson: There is a thrill in discovering seasons when you move from one place to another. You can learn something new each time you step out your front door.

No comments: