Tuesday, May 20, 2008

In praise of even more random things

Today's new love: Orville Redenbacher's Natural Popcorn, in the buttery salt and pepper flavor. Seriously, why did it take so many years for these companies to discover the wonder of salt and pepper on foods such as popcorn and potato chips?


Right now, I'm adjusting to the quiet. Of course, it's not really so quiet with the pounding neighbors upstairs. I don't think it actually bothers me unless they make a knocking noise, which makes me go check to see if anyone's at my door. If they can put up with my singing Shakira in the kitchen and baking at 2 AM, I can deal with a little stomping around.


I managed to finish up two scrapbook pages, though I feel like I'm not doing as well as I could with them. Of course, I sit back and look back through after they're in the book, and I'm impressed. I'm starting to use bolder colors, and I think I can finally see the pages in my head and put them on paper.


The bold colors thing isn't just in my scrapping. I've noticed it in my apartment and in my clothes. The best example is the lime green pencil skirt I managed to match up with a yellow sweater and some crazy green sandals I had sitting in my closet. I knew having every color of shoes in the rainbow would pay off one day. Though I badly need a shoe store fix. I have the perfect pair of shoes in my head, and now I just need to find them. And I need some new tops. It's about that time.


I am slowly easing back into my organic, fairly meat free diet. My biggest hurdle right now is getting rid of all the junk that has accumulated, because Jere doesn't have to diet and can eat whatever he wants. And I certainly don't want to waste it, so I'm combining healthy things with unhealthy things, which is still better than the way I was eating. Though I really shouldn't be having tater tots for breakfast. But better to eat the carbs in the morning and not right before bed LOL! I made up for it later by having some yummy veggie corn dogs.


I've also decided I'm sick of hauling gallons of water from the store to my home. I'm giving in and buying a pitcher to filter it here, and I found the perfect one. Economic me (yeah, right) even calculated how much I'll save by switching over. You know your life is boring when you get excited over a water pitcher.


Anyway, enough of the boring jabber. Time to settle in.


Today's lesson: Be open minded about new things.You may discover something as simple as a new favorite snack, or as important as your sense of style.

No comments: