Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Photo Challenge: Day 26



"A picture of something that means a lot to you."



This is one of three photos that my friend Joana took of a diorama. She had them beautifully matted and framed, and gave them to me as a baby shower gift.

Giving birth to the son of a career military man pretty much meant that my son's bedroom would have some kind of camouflage decor. In fact, my husband picked out the bedding and decorations. My friends and family got on board and helped add to the theme.

But this gift? It was immensely personal. It put a touch of sophistication in a room filled with tanks and camo covered teddy bears. I walk into my son's room and look at these everytime I get him out of bed. And I smile every single time because the gift means so much to me. I treasure this artwork.

No comments: