There's so much to say. So much to praise and complain about. I've gone from the freak side of angry to the even stranger side of patient. I'm less than three weeks from my due date, and this baby is welcome to come at any time. According to my doctor, though, my son is happy in his warm little home and is making no indications that he'd like to leave. I suppose I should just give in to my list making tendencies before I start off on random stream of consciousness.
2. I had a fantastic baby shower this past weekend. I would have pictures, but my aunt hasn't gotten them up yet (hint, hint). Everything was camouflage themed, including the cake and balloons. And my mom flew down from Michigan.
3. I love my FedEx guy. The one I used to have here would leave monstrous packages on the porch without even ringing the bell. The new one noticed that one of my recent big packages said "crib" and made doubly sure to not only ring the bell, but to put the box where I wanted it. I mention this now because he brought my glider this morning, saw my current size and said, "You're not going to try building this, are you?!" I assured him that construction duties had been handed over for the duration of the pregnancy.
4. My husband committed dispicable subterfuge yesterday. "Hey, look, your favorite show is on!" And then he snuck out to play 9 holes of golf. *grin* I laughed when I caught on.
5. I want to go shopping. But I have nothing that needs buying.
6. We went to Michael's to get a frame for a cross-stitch project that I had finally finished. And the after Christmas sales were awesome. I won't need to buy a darn thing to wrap gifts next year!
7. I got a flash for my camera. Let's just call it what it is. True love.
8. We've had to make some tough decisions about certain things and people. There's been a good amount of hurt and confusion involved, but when we sat down and looked at our son's future happiness and well-being, the decisions were easier.
9. That said, there is a difference between a good person and a nice person. My husband says I'm a good person. But I've never been particularly nice until late. And I'm quite finished being nice. As my best friend put it recently, "I love the shrew you can be." You can still be a kind person without being saccharin sweet.
10. No matter how much kindness you show to some people, they will always throw it back in your face. Or, more appropriately, they'll throw it at you when your back is turned. These are the people you walk away from. Seriously, if you get far enough away, their arm strength is bound to fail.
12. I watched Paula Deen make a baked rice pudding last week. I want it real bad.
13. My doctor has been fantastic the last couple of visits, and this last one took the cake. He looked at my blood sugars, told me to test only twice a day, and then said to go wild because I apparently know what I'm doing. Then I went out to Sonic for a cheeseburger and had heartburn for 18 straight hours.
14. Today will be a happy day. Because today I get to go online and buy more K-Cups for my Keurig brewer. And happiness is a hot cup of black coffee.